Harrods: Doha 2015 – 2016, Qatar
Katara Cultural Village was selected to host the site of Harrods Doha 2015. We worked in partnership with Gio Pagani Architects through the design phase in order to achieve the best possible concept. Taking into consideration an optimal retail environment that would work for the brands and clientele.
Once the shipment arrived of the PODS infrastructure from Porto Cervo, which took four weeks and presented our first challenge. The Italian partners worked in collaboration with the appointed local team in order to lay the foundations of the village. When the main build was complete, the brands were then actioned to start fitting the approved interiors.
At each stage, JUSTSO directed the project with timescales, design and budget in-mind. The sheer amount of parties involved with the build required meticulous communication to ensure a cohesive project. Stuart Henry, Managing Director of JUSTSO, personally managed the project on the ground during the build and the lead-up to the launch. Even handling the exclusive ‘By Appointment’ and the ‘Royal Pod’ interior fits. Ensuring that Harrods standards were adhered-to on every single element.
Working across three time-zones JUSTSO simultaneously managed the promotion and eventing opportunities of Harrods Doha – securing two sponsorship deals with QNB and Ooredoo. We worked across a multitude of mediums, to provide art direction, artwork and content across the following:
- CRM/SMS directive for Harrods team
- Social media for Katara channels
- Television advert for Al Jazeera TV
- Billboard opportunities in/around Katara Cultural Village
- Billboard opportunities at Hamad International Airport
- Providing content to QIA in-house communications team
- Guest list management of all brands
- Full organisation of the launch event
- Full organisation of the six-day soft-launch VIP eventing
- Two additional art exhibitions to support
Harrods Doha 2015 soft-launched between 10th November – 16th November with private VIP eventing for the brands and retailing families. Eventually, opening to the public between 16th December – 24th January 2016. In total, thirty-four brands showcased at Harrods Doha 2015.